The next generation of survival horror rises in the form of Resident Evil Village,the eighth major entry in the Resident Evil series. With ultra-realistic graphics powered by the RE Engine, fight for survival as danger lurks around every corner.
Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard,the all-new storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares. Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again. When BSAA captain Chris Redfield attacks their home, Ethan must once again head into hell to get his kidnapped daughter back.
The protagonist of Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Ethan's story continues in Resident Evil Village. After being swept up into the events of the Baker estate incident, this regular nobody somehow managed to escape that nightmare alive. Ever since, he has lived a quiet existence with his wife Mia under the protection of the BSAA.
A mainstay of the series since the first Resident Evil, this former S.T.A.R.S. member has fought his way through numerous bioterror incidents. He currently works as a specialist for the BSAA, a counter-bioterror NGO.
Ethan's wife. The organization she was once a member of were the developers of the bioweapon that caused the incident in the Baker home.
Ethan and Mia's daughter, who Chris kidnaps!
A strange man from the village. He has a large selection of wares in his shop.
The ruler of the village, with four lords serving under her. The villagers have devout faith in her, but her true face, hidden behind a mask, is just one of many mysteries surrounding the woman.
The mistress of the castle that overlooks the village. A towering woman with bewitching looks.
A bizarre man who hides away in a reservoir, and one of the four lords who serve Miranda. He hides his twisted form from prying eyes with a robe.
A puppeteer who lives in a fog-filled valley, and one of the four lords who serve Miranda. She shrouds herself in mourning garbs and is always accompanied by her doll Angie.
A genius engineer who holes up in the factory just outside of the village, and one of the four lords who serve Miranda. With his brazen attitude and giant hammer, he's very intimidating.
The Hound Wolf Squad
The elite squad Chris Redfield leads.
Resident Evil Village is set in a "village"resting in the shadow of an ancient castle.
You must utilize numerous weapons and items against aggressive adversaries and add tools to your artillery for situations outside of battle.
Resident Evil games have always been about escaping extreme situations. Take down aggressive foes with your own hands.
You can allot weapons to quick slots so you can instantly change weapons depending on the situation.
Guard against attacks to reduce enemy damage, then kick the enemies back.
Keeping track of your healing items and ammo is incredibly important for survival horror. Stay well-stocked for the battles ahead.
Purchase weapons and items from the Duke. He can even improve your weapons for you...for a price.
What weapons and items should you keep on you? Managing your inventory could be the difference between life and death.
Combine herbs and chem fluid to create first aid med. You can even obtain more recipes to craft a variety of ammo.
The Mercenaries is an action-packed additional game mode, which is playable after completing the main story. Fight waves of monsters from a first person perspective.
Resident Evil VillageGold Edition
Third Person Mode allows you to play the main story mode
The Mercenaries Additional Orders introduces new playable characters and stages.
Shadows of Rose continues the story of Ethan's daughter Rosemary
Resident Evil Re:Verse, the online-only multiplayer game that lets you battle it out as beloved characters from the Resident Evil series, will be available for free for anyone that has bought either Resident Evil Village or Resident Evil Village Gold Edition!
- *If you purchase Resident Evil Village on the PlayStation®5, then the version of Resident Evil Re:Verse will be the PlayStation®4 one, and if you purchase Village on the Xbox Series X, you will receive the Xbox One version of Re:Verse.
- *Resident Evil Re:Verse is an online-only multiplayer title. The PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 versions require a PlayStation®Plus membership, and the Xbox One and Xbox Series X versions require an Xbox Live Gold membership in order to play.
- *Details of the operational period for Resident Evil Re:Verse, including commencement of availability and any potential announcements relating to the end of service, can be found on the official website.
- *Please note that, depending on the timing of your purchase of Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil Re:Verse may already no longer be available, and/or the title may become available through other means in the future.
- *Product codes are included with the physical version of Resident Evil Village. If you purchase the digital version, content can be downloaded from the online store the game was purchased from.
- *Product codes will become invalid if the content is no longer available.